Conditions for the use of photographs of artworks from the LIECHTENSTEIN collections. The Princely Collections, Vaduz–Vienna
For the download and subsequent use of photographs of artworks from the LIECHTENSTEIN collections. The Princely Collections, Vaduz–Vienna, are subject to the following conditions:
All photographs of artworks from the LIECHTENSTEIN collections. The Princely Collections, Vaduz–Vienna, are protected by copyright and/or ancillary protection law. All required rights are reserved by Stiftung Fürst Liechtenstein II, Schloss Vaduz, 9490 Vaduz, Principality of Liechtenstein. We grant you non-exclusive permission to use the photos downloaded by you.
You are permitted to exclusively reproduce, distribute, edit and make available online the downloaded photographs for the following non-commercial purposes. Non-commercial use is use exclusively for the following purposes:
- Private, academic or educational websites, blogs, newsletters or social media posts insofar as no commercial ends are pursued (so not containing advertising or links to advertising pages or requests for donations)
- Free digital provision within private spaces, e.g. via social media platforms
- Posters or free print-outs (apart from periodical free newspapers) not serving any advertising purpose for commercial gain
- Freely available academic or educational talks as long as there is no commercial purpose
- Visual aids in school lessons and university teaching
- As part of a dissertation submitted by a student or scholar to an educational institute (including online publication of this dissertation by the student/scholar or educational institute insofar as the work is made available to the end user free of charge).
No commercial use is permitted. Commercial use especially includes use for the following purposes:
- Certain printed media intended for sale, including textbooks, academic publications and specialist papers, insofar as the use is not justified by the right of quotation under Austrian copyright law.
- Periodical free newspapers
- Private or freely distributed printed media that advertises a product or service (even partially or indirectly)
- Other print media related to commercial purposes (even partially or indirectly), e.g. annual reports or company stationery
- Websites, blogs, newsletters or social media posts whereby commercial aims are pursued, even partially or indirectly
- Events, presentations or talks (even if entry is free) that advertise a product or service or with other commercial purposes, even partially or indirectly
- Electoral advertising
- Donation appeals.
For each instance of use that is available to others, you are obliged to state us as the legal owner by using the phrase ‘© LIECHTENSTEIN. The Princely Collections, Vaduz–Vienna’ alongside the artist and title of the piece portrayed, using the format used on our website, www.liechtensteincollections.at.
Any use of a downloaded photo that does not comply with the conditions named above will lead to the revocation of your consent to use the materials and may also result in civil and/or criminal penalties in certain circumstances (in particular, claims to damage compensation and desistance as well as private copyright claims).
The legal relationship between you and us is subject to Austrian law. 1090 Vienna is the agreed place of jurisdiction for all legal disputes.