Pieve di Soligo 1654 - 1726 Pieve di Soligo
Bellucci’s work is clear illustration of the transition from Venetian late Baroque to the 18th century. Following his initial studies in Dalmatia, which was then Venetian sovereign territory, Bellucci arrived in Venice in 1675 where he significantly extended his palette under the influence of Veronese. His first commission from an Austrian patron was to paint the altar panels for the church in Klosterneuburg in 1692.
He lived in Vienna from 1695 to 1700, and following a visit to Venice he returned there in 1702. During this period he created the ceiling frescos for Liechtenstein City Palace with portrayals of the triumph of Hercules and allegorical scenes.
These paintings were transferred to the Garden Palace in 1819 and fitted into the ceiling medallions there. Bellucci also completed 23 large paintings for the Liechtenstein castle in Feldsberg (Valtice).
Between 1705 and 1716 he mainly worked for Johann Wilhelm, Elector Palatine of Pfalz, notably at his country seat Bensberg Castle. Afterwards he moved to England where he worked on the interior decoration of Buckingham Palace, as well as in the castle of James Brydges, Duke of Chandos.